July 18, 2007

Christmas in July...

My roomies threw me a birthday party this year. One of them had been asking for months about a party, but I just really wasn't in the mood. I'm not the biggest fan of being the center of attention (and yet I write in this blog. hmm....), but saturday night they came up with this party idea and just started glowing about it. I didn't have the heart to say no.

It was a Christmas in July theme. I was Santa. My guests were the "kids". The kids brought Santa presents and wore pjs. We actually had a few little ones present who were absolute darlings in their little pjs... As for me, I wore a red dress, that along with a santa hat, made me look like a preggars Mrs. Clause....

The decorations were awesome. From snowmen in the front yard, to the christmas tree decked out in texas ornaments, to the fake fire, hanging stockings, and blue twinkle lights on the fireplace. Each place you looked there was something christmasy that made me smile.

A veggietales christmas was playing on the tv, there was a christmas cd playing carols in the backgroud, my cake was a TEXAS BOOT!!! Carla made it! Yellow cake with chocolate frosting, my favorite. Veggie trays, queso, guacamole, it was so good! I was pleasantly surprised to see that people ate my cookies.

The activity we did were pictures with Santa. And everyone did one! I think since we'd gone all out, there wasn't one stick-in-the-mud in the room! Although every picture I took with someone on my lap, I heard, I don't want to break you! You aren't going to break me...

All in all it was a very memorable time. I took a ton of photos. I'll try and post them on here soon. I know I'm loved and it was very fun to laugh and be silly with some of those loved ones tonight.

No comments: