July 20, 2007

The real Santa...

A friend of mine lives in Mexico. And like all of my friends, she's pretty fantastic. Sidenote: I'm excited about this so if those post is just a jumble of giggles, grins and random sentences on how much God loves on His kids, you might just have to grin and bear it.

Because there is so much distance between us, we email. Sometimes its hey, this is what i'm walking through, would you pray with me about it? Other times its just the dish on what is going on in our lives.

A few weeks ago, she asked for prayer about selling her folks' house. She had moved into an apartment, but her parents' house still needed to sell. Every week or so I'd email and ask how God had been moving with all that. I didn't know what He was doing but I knew He was doing something cuz when I asked Him about if the house was going to get sold, He would just send me a peace about it. So I'd bug her to see what all He was doing.

The emails passed between us were not the fret and worried kind. Just mindful that He might say yes to selling the house or He might say no. Both of us knowing that any No of His was done out of love and care, not to spite us. He'd provide whatever the outcome. Weeks go by.

I sent her an email with a few birthday pictures yesterday. And then this morning, when I check my email, there's one from her. And lo and behold, a Texan went and bought her parents' house! I'm excited for her, for her parents, and I love love love love love that He loved on them like that.

No comments: