July 14, 2007

One of His Surprises...

I have this theory that God likes the look on my face when He does something surprising and delightful for me...

I'm in my kitchen getting out baking stuff, when there's a knock on the side door. Yes? Could you move your car that's parked out in the street ma'am? Um, maybe, its my roommates' car and she's not here. I call Courtney and she's got her keys with her and no spare.

I go back to my prepping for baking and think, gosh that sure is close. They must be doing Ms. Audrey's lawn next door. Nope. I move to the front door and look through the keyhole. They are doing our lawn! Holy moly! I immediately open the door and a young man jumps off his riding lawn mower while the other keeps weedeating. Hi, do you have the wrong house? He names our leasing company. Yes, that's us. Then we've got the right house. I thank them profusely and ask them if they want some water or something. Nope, we're good.

They go back to work, I go back to my kitchen. I wonder if they are just doing the front. I look out the side, and they've mowed around our childrens' garden. I go out and thank the older guy for not butchering our flowers for our kids, explaining our kids' cg to him. I again offer to give them something to drink. Some water? Absolutely! I come back out with two chilled mugs of ice water. Give one to him and then head to the back of the house. The younger guy has just gotten done mowing the back. He tells me the next time he comes back (in 10-12 days!!!!!) he's going to bring a mulcher and mulch the back. And he's going to pick up the sticks and collect them so we can have a fire if we want.

I ask him if we had poison ivy in the back. I explain that our kids sometimes come to our house and I want to make sure they aren't going to be exposed to poison ivy. He looks around, pulling a few weeds, some poison oak. Then he goes around to the front, telling me he's going to bring antkiller next time. Then points out the front bushes which are ripe with the kind of poison ivy he's allergic to. Basically the whole bushes at the front are weeds or poison ivy and they are killing the healthy stuff.

The house is quiet now. I'm still in shock. All in all they mowed both lawns, trimmed, and used the weedeater and blower. I'm amazed at how fast a man can mow versus me. I asked them how much I needed to pay them and they said your leasing company pays for it. They could have asked for my firstborn son and I would have considered it. Every ten to twelve days? It might be worth it...

No comments: